Sunday 23 January 2022

Entering two card challenges. The Sisterhood of crafters and FMS # 519

Today I'm sharing a card which I'm entering in two challenges,

something I've not done before.

The Sisterhood of Crafters asked us to use the colour Blue,  my favourite colour.

I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #519.

The base of my card was made with an embossing folder from Simon Says Stamps, "Kaleidoscope".

The popped up square is from Spellbinders, "Pierced squares".

I stamped the flowers by Stampin' Up, "Flower Up" onto Yupo and colored them with Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink, "Stonewashed".  The lighter tones were achieved by added more fixative.

I added Prima, "Say it with crystals" to the centre of the flowers for a bit of sparkle.

Unfortunately I don't know the name of the silver leaves, as they were a gift from a scrappy friend.

Thanks for calling in to say G'Day.

Keep safe and stay well.

5 comments:

  1. WOW What a beautiful design Helen! Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Are you aware of the new color challenge that began just this month? It’s called COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE and the January color is BLUE … I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us.
    AND ... this also fits our Blue & White challenge on our DOUBLE D Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your AI flowers are just stunning, Helen! Love the sparkle in the center, beautiful silver leaves & lovely embossing folder! So glad to see you making cards & entering the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen!! I hope you are keeping well.. love your card, blue is my fav color too.. pretty flowers, love the embossing.. take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really pretty and elegant Helen, love it!

    ReplyDelete