Wednesday 1 August 2018

Scrap the Boys DT - August - Explore

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT layout for
Scrap the Boys
 The challenge is to use this sketch to scrap about about the boy/s (of any age) in your life.

The cut file leaves were donated to the Design Team by Gwen Wruck.
Gwen can cut files and send them to you.  Check out her website for details.

I love this theme, because my Sons were extremely boisterous when the were growing up
and their Boys can be wild men at times too.  I attempted to create a forrest for my little boys.


The background paper from Penny Black,  is an oldie but a goodie;
it's been in my stash for a decade or more.


The puffy sticker title is from Crate Paper, Cool Kid.
The word stickers are from Tim Holtz, Small Talk.


The flowers are also from an older collection; Simple Stories.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
One of the things we learnt at the parents of Boys, was to keep them very busy.
They could tolerate being inside for small amounts of time, but really needed hours each day outside, walking, running, catching, throwing and kicking balls.   When we look after the Grand children in the school holidays, we often take them for a 5 km walk along the the linear park.
I love this photo of two of them watching ducks among the reeds and listening for frogs.

I hope you will feel inspired to play along and be eligible for a prize.

I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Such a neat picture of your grandsons, Helen! That PB paper was the perfect background to use for your forrest--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous Helen, love the leaves and greenery around your adventurous boys photo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen! You've worked your magic again! I love these amazing cutouts with the cool butterfly paper and the gorgeous title in black. The photo is just too sweet! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, Helen, as usual! I just LOVE the beasts... LOL wonderful use of the cut files and the flowers you've added just give the right ammount of color here and there.
    The photo is just adorable and as a mom of two boys, I totaly agree with your journaling....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love the forest! Wonderful page Hellen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cut file, goes perfectly with your PP and that photo is so cute, love it

    ReplyDelete