Wednesday 1 August 2018

Kraft+ DT Terracotta challenge August 2018 - Carrieton

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome; today I'm sharing a DT post for 
KRAFT+


The challenge is to be inspired by Terracotta.  It doesn't have to be a monochromatic 
terra-cotta colour, but something that speaks to you of terra-cotta.  Could be pots or tiles with a teal patina.  A garden with pots, roof tops, tessellated verandahs, etc, etc.
Just remember to create on Kraft, so that Kraft is the hero of your piece.


I spent ages sifting through photos for something to inspire me and do justice to this fabulous graphic.   Then I had an ah hah! discovery amongst my travel photos and decided to teach myself to stitch some photos together.   Thank goodness for you tube.



The bricks were created with a Prima stencil 



 I used Art Basics Finnabair Plaster and Rust paste through the stencil.



The journalling is a bit hard to read on the page, so I've included it here, 
in case you are interested in the back story.
I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button.

4 comments:

  1. Amazingly creative--I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this makes your layout so much clearer and I can see the detail you have gone to for the photo and stitched together at that... amazing work Helen, this is awesome... well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! It turned out amazing and looks so cool against those terracotta bricks! Really brilliant and inspired! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you,and good on you for learning new things, looks fabulous and I love that you have told the story and very apt for how things are now with the drought . I admire you chasing up the history behind the mural.

    ReplyDelete