Tuesday 7 August 2018

Scrap Matrix August challenge - AALL create, stamps and stencils, Dream Big.

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge where for the whole of August, we are challenging you to dust off your Stamps and Stencils from AALL & CREATE and join in the fun.


There is a huge range of products from this company. Why not check out what the rest of the team have done with them.



I chose one of the new papers from 7 Dots as my background and gave it a coat of clear gesso before using a stencil down the left side.



I masked off part of the stencil with post it notes, as I wanted
 just a strip of letters along the edge and the post it notes 
helped me to get a crisp result.



By stamping onto tissue paper, I was able to move the images around on the page, until I was happy with placement.  This particular stamp reminded me of a reptile image - just perfect to highlight my brave little Snake Girl!


I used Art Basics soft matte gel, to adhere the tissue to the paper.



Three stamps were just not enough, so I added a few more.  The Butterfly, bee and insect all remind me of this little kidlet, she flits here and there, always on the go and  eager for new experiences.

The "Dream big, fly high" quote, was perfect for her, 
as she's eager to travel and see the world.



I used some pencils from my stash to add colour to the images, 
but if you don't have any, you can find a similar product, by Prima, in the Scrap Matrix store.

Thanks for calling in today, I hope you find time to play along, 
just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder; don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.


Scrap Matrix products used:


From my stash:
Coloured pencils - similar to these in the store

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is stunning Helen!! Must admit, I cringe a bit when I see your granddaughter holding that snake! At one of the Craft shows I attended a while ago, there was a wild life display and I thought I was very brave just to touch one (they actually feel really nice) but I wasn't brave enough to actually hold it so, hats off to your brave grandie girl .. well done!! Your page is truly gorgeous. I love the arrangement of the stamps and the colour mix is fabulous!! An absolute stunner!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better her than me! Once thing I cannot even look at let alone touch! However, the layout is wonderful, Helen! How smart using tissue paper & I love the stenciled letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page! Love how you have done the background, and I think your grandie is so very brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful picture Helen, and I love how those stamps echo the snake - what a great tip to stamp them onto tissue first, will be pinching that idea for sure! The whole page looks so cool and artsy, you always make mixed media work seem so "do-able"! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect stamp for the photo of your brave Granddaughter , I don't do snakes , Yikes ! I really like how you coloured the stamp as well. Fab layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stamp and you used it perfectly for this super and fun page! ;-) Your grandie is certainly braver than me and these are super photo's! Lovely creativity on this page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete