Saturday 20 April 2019

Scrap Matrix DT April 2019 - Fly with Helen

Hello crafty friends, thanks for visiting today 
as I share a DT page for the April challenge for
Scrap Matrix.

I was inspired by the orangy colours when choosing my photo and I'd discovered a great quote which I thought would be perfect for my outdoorsy Grand daughter.


The photo was taken at Womadelaide in early Autumn this year and Miss E had climbed a tree to get a better vantage point of one of the many music stages.   This lead me to using a couple of sets of leaf stamps and borrowing my DIL's stamp to make the little girl with the kite.

Hmmm, that's a bit of a long lead in, but its how my layouts evolve.  I hope you're still with me!.


Next, I went hunting for a patterned paper which would look good with her top and perhaps have some leaves on it too.

I found the perfect paper by Studio 75, Lavender morning. I just flipped it so that the leaves came down from the top.



First I stamped the little girl flying the kite and embossed it with clear embossing powder.



Satisfied with placement, I created the title on my computer.


The next step was to make some mats for the photo, using scraps of paper from 7dots.


The stamping was done on some old music paper, using Tim Holtz archival ink.


Using Jane Davenport water colour inks, I randomly painted the leaves, with three of four Autumn colours.


I wanted to highlight the beads on her T-shirt, so I added some brown ink through a stencil. I mixed a Dylusions paint with some thick white gesso and dabbed it through a stencil.

Finally, the tricky bit of deciding how to arrange the leaves.

I always make twice as many as I think I'll need, so that I don't have to try and match paint if I don't have enough.

A bonus by doing this, is that I always have 
something pretty to add to a card!  

I hope you find time to play along, just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a generous gift voucher or perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.


Scrap Matrix Products used:-

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous page Helen! Beautiful photo of your grandie and I love the paper you used for the background! Fabulous stamping and delightful colours as well as a perfect title .. what more could you possibly want!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh where to start, Helen! Now this may be my favorite! How you made the leaves is brilliant & beautiful! Such a great picture of your granddaughter who's certainly growing up! Wishing you & your family a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Helen, I love how you have created the leaves.. and that stamp looks fabulous too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet page Helen and the stamps you used are perfect! Love the stamped girlie with the kite and then those super leaves!
    Your grandie is growing like a weed...very sweet indeed!
    Happy Easter to you and hope you enjoying the long weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is beautiful!!! I love F.L.Y. coding :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful page Helen, looks beautiful and it's full of unique touches - you always enjoy seeing how your pages develop and how you create embellies and backgrounds. I especially love the stamped leaves, and I will most definitely be pinching that idea.
    Thanks also for sharing that wonderful quote on my blog post - it's perfect, I will be adding those words later today :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! So it looks like I'm the only one who can leave comments? Or maybe you're not getting them to approve them, as it says they'll only be published AFTER you approve them. I wonder if you're seeing them to do so.....

    ReplyDelete