Wednesday 20 February 2019

Scrap Matrix Limited Supplies - second project from Helen

Welcome back to Scrap Matrix for the second half of February,
where we are challenging you to create with minimal supplies.

Remember the good old days, when pages were a lot simpler and there were not many scrapbooking supplies around?

Now is your chance, to whip up a stress free page; perhaps win a prize or be invited to Guest Design. 



I had a stamp, a stencil, Dylusions Paint, Dylusions spray
and Dina Wakley Acrylic paint.




I decided to make a feature of the stencil and began by using texture paste through it.


Then I roughed out half a heart shape on a folded piece of paper.


I cut it out freehand, and used it as a guide to shape the texture paste.



Then I randomly splashed it with some of the watered down 
Dina Wakley paint.



To complement the yellow heart, I used a corner of yellow paper left over from my first February project.


I marked out the heart area on white cardstock, added some stamping in black and splashed some green mist on 
with a wet paint brush.


I hand drew some yellow flowers, interspersing them with some leaves from an extra stamp by Carabelle. 

My journalling is not very straight, but we are always encouraged to include our own handwriting, so I do that occasionally, even though it's messy.

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Helen, I love the step by steps and yellow is such a happy color.. love the texture from the stencil and I know we should put our hand writing on our pages because that is something uniquely ours to our family to treasure in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Helen! I love how you created that gorgeous heart and then used it behind the photo! It looks fabulous especially with the black stamps showing at the sides. Beautiful bright colours too! This is such a sunshiny, happy page. Love the journaling too. Might be a bit crooked but, being in your own handwriting makes it so much more special. Absolutely love this!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the heart you made, Helen! Your flowers & leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - it's me :D Finally I have some time to breathe again, and visit some of my favourite blogs. This is just fabulous. That stencilled heart is just gorgeous and the background is so beautiful... I love the stamped flowers at the bottom of the page and the handwritten journalling is just my best that will be a treasure for sure. I can't believe how big the boys are getting :D much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen! I love the style of your layouts. Your creations are just beautiful and stunning :) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a special little page. Love the green, white and yellow combo.
    Your journalling is so special and your handwriting just perfect.
    I have a little note from my Gran that was meant for a Birthday card..it is so important to me to have that little note and remember her handwriting! 😊

    ReplyDelete