Friday 8 February 2019

Scrap the Boys DT - February 2019 - Make Waves

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today
 where I'm sharing a DT layout for
Scrap the Boys.


The mood board can be used any way you like. The image on bottom right looked like waves at Middleton beach over the Christmas break, so   
I've chosen to go with a beach theme.   It also ties in beautifully with the 
cut files provided by Gwen Wruck.  Thank you so much Gwen.




The background paper is from Cocoa Vanilla, 
You Rock Collection, "Experimental". I also used a die cut and a flair from that same collection.




I popped the middle out of the alphas and painted them with Liquitex glass beads before sprayings them with Heidi Swapp Color Shine teal.




They have a lovely shimmery, bubbly look and feel IRL.



The waves were treated with the Liquitex glass beads as well and then sprayed with Tattered Angels, Simply Khaki.   The chipboard is from Scrapmatts and the little beachy stickers have been in my stash for at least 15 years!  So lovely to get them onto a page at last.


I hope you will feel inspired to play along and be eligible for a prize if you are in Australia, or a Guest Spot if you are from overseas.

I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Great use of stash....ADORE that title with the glass beads [whatever they are!! That one went by me!!!]…. & that set of photos....fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness--LOVE how you did the alpha centers & waves! Such darling pictures & a wonderful page, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous beachy page, love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen!! Don't know what's gone wrong but I don't think your latest posts have shown up on my Reader's List!! Maybe I've just missed them but there are a few here so perhaps I will double check the list when I go back.
    Glad I didn't miss this altogether .. it is such a lovely page. Such fun photos and I love the waves and the sandcastle at the bottom. Simply wonderful!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous layout and I love the cut title and the waves. Very cool..<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute layout. Love the sweet photos, large title and waves. Fun,fun,fun!! 😊

    ReplyDelete