Sunday 27 January 2019

Scrap Matrix DT - Year in review 2nd project with Helen

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge this month 
where we have an eclectic mood board to inspire you.


You can take this challenge pretty much where ever you want,
 it's so versatile.

Once again, the team has been cajoled into using multiple photos,
so I specifically took heaps of shots on Christmas day.


I decided to keep it simple and create frugally as I did years ago.  One sheet of paper and a few scraps is all I used.

I'm such a fan of this paper collection, 7 Dots, paint chip collection, "Aquarmarine"  What better for photos at the beach.


I used some old dies from my stash, to partially frame the photos.

The titles and stars are all from a Pink Fresh Studio, 
"Escape the ordinary" die cut set. 


It's was lovely to see the Cousins enjoying each other's company.
The Photo App tag is from Mambi chips, "Vacation". 


I used the Carabelle stamp, "Bulles d'eau",  because it reminds me of the bubbles in the sea, the champagne we drank and the effervescence of the children.


Here, I'm trialling the elements in various places on the paper.



I decided to type my journalling on white card stock, so that it would stand out from the background. But then it looked too stark, so I pulled out some Tim Holtz distress Oxides.



Testing how the colours blend and checking that they will look OK on the background.   I keep these little test swatches with the Oxides in case I need the same combination later on.


Before I separated the lines of text, I smooshed the card stock through the Oxides and dried it white a heat tool.


Later I flicked on a bit of extra green Oxide.

I'm happy with this photo journalist style of page, it narrates the Joy of the moments in an inexpensive and simple way.

How about you, do you have a group of photos you'd like to get scrapped?   I hope you've found some inspiration here and will play along.

Just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.



5 comments:

  1. Fun pictures, Helen, & love your layout! The bubbles in the background are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page and with minimal products too.. great photos and memories.. and perfect paper choice.. and yes I have lots of photos to scrap... hoping one day to really find my mojo again and get into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely fun page Helen, that paper is gorgeous and I love how you've done the journalling. Funnily enough, I've been thinking of getting back to basics again too, using less products and making my own out of the mass of stuff I already have, this just reminds me of how much I used to enjoy doing that when I first started. Also reminds me how different your Christmas is over there! :o)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Such precious memories captured and recorded so beautifully!! Love the minimalist style Helen and the colours are fabulous!! The photos are so fun and I love the bubbles!! Absolutely gorgeous page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is a lovely layout Helen, and such lovely photo of the not so littlies :D Yes that is pretty much how we spend Christmas too and it is lovely. Big ups on using minimal product too. We can do it if we put our minds to it. I hope 2019 will be a fabulous year for you in all ways. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete