Thursday 15 June 2017

Stuck?! Sketches! DT post 15th June 2917 - Love

Welcome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for

I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the lovely prizes. 

Purple is not one of my favourite colours to scrap with, but when faced with a purple outfit, what's a gal to do?  It does seem to be the logical choice!  The papers are from Maja.

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, to create the heart shape and played 
with various Tim Holtz Oxide inks to achieve the mottled look, 
trying to reflect the various colours of the dress.
The flair is from Studio Fourteen40
I used texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil to create the roses.
The embellishment on the heart, is one of a pair of silk ear rings I wore in the 80's.
The pale green flowers are from Prima and the rhinestones are from Francheville.
I hand stitched around the heart with DMC thread.
The love title, CB6117, the pieces of circle mesh chipboard CB130 and the butterfly CB6117 are all from Scrapmmatts.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-

The quote on the page says "Start each day with a grateful heart" and when I make a conscious effort to do that, everything else falls into place. We've been together for so long, that it would be easy to take each other for granted; to let the little niggles of daily life rub away at the positive traits of the other and transform them into pinpricks of friction.
However, when I look through the prism of gratitude, most of life's  concerns fade away. We've enjoyed wonderful times of transforming joy and endured hideous times of grief and loss.  We are stronger as a couple than we are as individuals; welded together by the storms of life and stronger because of our broken places. Now, in the Autumn of our lives, we rue our aching joints and lack of stamina, but we find joy in the smallest things; a Child's crazy joke, a Baby's smile, a brisk breeze to dry the washing, a Kookaburra singing in our tree.   We have some one to love, something to eat and a reason to get up in the morning.  We are truly blessed. Photo taken 1995. Journalling 2017

Our sponsors this time are:- 
 who are donating 2 large pieces of chipboard
They are donating a $25.00 Gift Certificate

I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I have been drooling over those distress oxides - they look so rich and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful age Helen, love that heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo lovely, I love the photo and beautiful heart and embellishments, but I really really love the journalling, so heartfelt and lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible journalling, Helen--so very true. I'm truly in awe of your pages & this is no exception--love everything you did here! The rose stenciling & use of the old earring are just 2 of the elements that make this so gorgeous--wow! PS--By the way, it's easy to add foil to a die cut by adding something like score tape or other double sided adhesive to the cardstock before you die cut it. Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Helen, this is so beautiful. Purple is not my favourite colour to scrap with either, but sometimes it calls for it and this is so soft, pretty and perfect. Your Journalling is so beautiful, you truly have a wonderful way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't love purple - pfft... you rock purple both wearing it and scrapping with it. The fact that Maja paper is just so easy to use I love your take on this sketch and of course, as always, your journalling rings true for me too. You have a way of making me feel grounded when I seem to need it the most. Beautiful layout from a lady with a beautiful heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Helen! Love how those stencilled roses just peek out under the heart! ;-) Such super journalling, as always and a beautiful sentiment! I have been playing with my new Oxides too and I can honestly say they are my new favourite toys!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty in purple!! Lovely page Helen and as always so many delicious details to take in - I especially love the delicated stencilled roses and chippies behind the heart and what a brilliant way to utilise that silk earring!! I don't have any Oxides yet, but they do look really fun to play with, love the effect you got here xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty page Hellen! Love the stitched heart and stenciling behind...just fabulous! ps..just finished this sketch this morning on my way to link up :) Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Helen! You worked magic with the pretty purple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this one brought tears to my eyes - how eloquently you've written of a timeworn love, all the better for the wear. I am not a purple person either, but I have to say you used it so beautifully and pairing vivid purple with the pastel is brilliant! That earring!!! :) Always a delight. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely page Helen and what heartwarming journaling! You said it all so beautifully and it rings so true for me too!! A gorgeous photo of you and hubby and your page reflects the love you have for each other! This is so beautiful in more ways than one! Although purple is not my fave colour to work with either, you have done it proud! Wonderful design, amazing texture and the perfect embellishments! Absolutely stunning all round!! Such a pleasure visiting here .. have a fabulous day!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful photo. I Love the minimalistic look to your beautiful page....lots of wonderful details...the stitched heart, the texture paste rose stencil work, the oxide ink splattered background, the cut file and that earring...Love it all......and lastly...Such beautiful heartfelt journaling Helen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete