Monday 1 May 2017

Stuck?! Sketches 1st May Challenge - Unique

Welome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for

I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the lovely prizes.
The paper range is mostly all from Kaisercraft, Indigo Skies Collection. 

 I was delighted to find the little heart button in my stash.  The beads are from a previous project; 
I just scattered them along the stitched circle.  
The Making Memories alphas are shimmery IRL 
and work well with the sequins on the "Veil"
So happy to used them, as they are dated 2008!
The fabric star is from Charms Creations, one of our frequent sponsors.
Our girl is crazy about cats, so I popped on a wooden embellie to keep her company.
The delicious pink floral paper is by Cocoa Vanilla, the Wild at Heart collection.
Yay! I finally got my hands on some and even though this layout was finished, 
I had to cut into a piece immediately.   I'm sure you understand! 

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads.

These photos were taken on one of the last full days we enjoyed together.  We had been to the toy library, where you pounced on this black sequinned skirt and brought it home for dress ups.  You immediately decided it made a much better veil than a skirt and asked for some photos to be taken.  Without any direction from me, you assumed all sorts of different poses and angles, saying, "Just because it's a skirt, it doesn't mean it can't be anything else does it Granny?"  "Absolutely not" - I agreed.  So, you ate lunch in it, danced in it, reluctantly took it off for your bath and asked longingly if you could take it home with you.  You were quite happy to leave it here though, when you heard that it would be waiting for you next week when you came.  
14th December 2016.


Our sponsors this time are:-
They are donating a $25.00 gift certificate

They are donating a $20.00 gift certificate

Thanks for calling in.   I love it when you leave a comment; I so enjoy reading them.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button, 
or add your email address if you'd rather follow that way. 

11 comments:

  1. So, so creative, Helen--you always amaze me! I would love to meet your granddaughter--what a wonderful little girl with a great imagination & boy does she take fabulous pictures! Love the floral paper strip, heart button & circle of butterflies with the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page Helen and love those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Helen, what a totally delightful lay out!!! The photos are so adorable, I can just imagine what a special time it must have been!!! (reminds me of my own grandies)...

    Love that you are sharing the journalling with us too, makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the first thing i saw were those delightful photos!! She must bring so much fun and joy into your day when she was visiting!! I love your take on the sketch too, the butterfly's are gorgeous as is the beads.. and I totally understand about 'having' to use a piece of paper straight away.. it justifies the buying of it doesn't it!!!? And cool nights and glorious days so far for us although we thought we were going to freeze a week or so ago with 2 very cold nights.. so it feels like we are slowly drifting into winter.... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little page! Love the photies and also those gorgeous butterflies and cute buttons. Just perfect for this cute lass! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment has gone missing! Don't know what happened but I suddenly got booted out so, if you end up with two comments from me Helen, you will understand why!! I really love this page. The photos are wonderful .. your grandie girl is so sweet .. and I love the butterflies on the stitched circle .. looks gorgeous!! Precious memories, beautifully captured! Have a wonderful rest of the week Helen! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the splatter of butterflies and awesome stitching. Love the touch of the cat as they are special to your gorgeous Granddaughter, love the poses :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is lovely as always, the ring of butterflies is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this new paper range and you've used it in such a beautiful way! Those floating butterflies are a show stopper and the white background of the darling photos really helps blend the photos seamlessly into your design! Truly AMAZING friend! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking out of the box already... what a treat this child is. I know you will miss seeing her so much as she will you. Love to see her hamming it up for the camera. Beautiful layout and the butterfly frame is perfect for that sweet little face. Love this layout

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little model in the making....lovely poses and a great photographer behind the camera to capture these shots. Love her thinking. Another fabulous little story for her keeping. Love the ring of butterflies. A beautiful page. x

    ReplyDelete