Monday 15 May 2017

Stuck?! Sketches 15th May 2017 Challenge - Beautiful

Welome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for
I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the lovely prizes.
The background paper is from the Kaisercraft Wildflower collection, "Floral" embossed.
I used various shades of pink, purple and apricot distress inks to reveal the flowers.
The small pieces of paper are scraps from Crate Paper, Prima and Kaisercraft.
Some are quite old, but they all played nicely together.
The metal embellishment is from Prima Vintage trinket.  
I wiped a bit of Olive coloured Viva, precious metal paint over it to tone down the shine.
The doily is a die cut by Prima - one of my all time favourites.
The vellum flowers were in a forlorn little neglected bundle in my room.  
They looked so sad that I spruced them up with a bit of orange distress ink 
and gave them a job to do. They were happy to be liberated!

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads.
These three beautiful woman are my daughter's in law.  We are blessed that all of our Sons found their soulmate and each of the couples planned a family together.  
Our Grandchildren are supremely lucky to be Mothered by their warmth, wisdom, 
patience and good humour. I feel honoured to be included in their lives and trusted to nurture their children.  My cup overflows with love for them all.

Photo taken 1st September 2012

Our sponsors this time are:-
They are donating a $20.00 gift certificate


They are donating a themed prize pack

Thanks for calling in.   I love it when you leave a comment; I so enjoy reading them.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button, 
or add your email address if you'd rather follow that way. 

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is so very beautiful Helen! That background is gorgeous .. I love how the pale shades allow the brighter colours to pop .. stunning!! I just love the whole composition .. lots of layers and beautiful colour but it still allows that lovely photo of your three beautiful DIL to shine .. absolutely divine page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch Helen. I really like the light background with the hot pink and black and white photo, it really makes the photo pop of your three lovely DIL. As always your journalling is beautiful
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Helen, love how you have used the distress inks to bring flowers out in the background paper! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Helen, this layout is so pretty with all the pinks and the back ground paper is perfect for this lovely photo.. the Ladies are all so beautiful and this page just shines! love the sketch you had to work with too.. I hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hellen...your layout is so pretty, love the gorgeous colours! Great idea to write your text on the back..beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty and beautiful is your layout, great take on sketch too. Lovely photo of your family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture of the sweet women your sons married & you've showcased it beautifully! Love the orange colored vellum flowers & the doily & the gorgeous background paper! Always love your journalling, Helen! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, if we sell our home and get settled again I plan on organizing all of my old photos and will certainly dedicate time to join in these inspiring challenges. Following your lead for sure! I adore this vivid and lively spread, as always. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful soft layout, perfect for your lovely girls. I think that to have you in their lives is a blessing. I love that background paper and the bright pop of pink is the perfect accent. You style ebbs and flows like waves... and you chop and change with great ease from CAS to mixed media and each one is as lovely as the other. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning Helen! I love that soft background and the gorgeous design of your page! Just love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful beautiful page Helen and I love that sketch, really hope I get time to have a go with it myself. What a fabulous picture of your three DILs as well, love your journaling :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous page Helen...lovely photo of your DIL. The background details looks amazing, love the doily and the orange touch to those old vellum flowers is superb. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete