Sunday 30 April 2017

Crafty Cardmaker's Challenge and Freshly made sketches card challenge.

Hello again, welcome back to my happy place.
Today I'm sharing two cards with you.

The first is for a challenge at
Where my friend Margaret Mifsud is a DT member.
Many of the techniques I've used are inspired by her beautiful cards.
The challenge is to use Pearls or other Gems on your card.
I used some Pion paper and a Heartfelt Memories die.
The gems are from my stash - I think they are from Kazzaz.
The flowers are an assorted mixture left from other projects.
The Prills add a touch of softness to the cluster.
I've added some punched (Martha Stewart) strips to decorate the inside.

The next card was made for a Freshly made sketches challenge,
but I ran out of time to enter, so here it is.  
In an attempt to Stash Bash and not buy any new products
I used scraps of Maja papers and an older, much under used Stamp.
I heat embossed the the stamp on watercolour paper and then used
various colours of distress inks to colour the poppies.

Thanks for calling in to say G'Day, I hope you will come again.
I love to read your comments - they make my day.

13 comments:

  1. The first card is just breathtaking, Helen--love every detail--so feminine! I love the mix of papers on the second card--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Both these cards are absolutely gorgeous Helen! I love the colours (blue being my fave colour as well) and both designs are simply wonderful. I love the die cuts and the flower cluster with prills on the first card and, on your second card, the poppy stamp is the perfect partner for that sweet butterfly. So happy that you joined in at Crafty Cardmakers and thank you so much for the shout out. You just made my day!! big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day!! I hope you are enjoying the remnants of the weekend.. sigh, they go so fast.. I love these cards, they are so pretty, so neat in design and I love the colors papers and flowers.. I hope you have a good week ahead, although I dare say I will be back here shortly with a new month... where did this month go??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards, Helen!! The rhinestones are such a perfect accent on the first one!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous designs. Love the little touch of guaze between the layers of your flower on the first one and the second has such a beautiful delicate floral stamp on it.

    Thanks for sharing in our pearls/gems challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards...especially love that first one, with the intricate and beautiful die-cut. The second one is so pretty too and love the yellow stamped flower! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards, really love the pretty pp on the top card and the delicate die cut and lovely little cluster. Awesome use of the stamps on the second card, stunning
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Great idea to mathc the inside to the outside! Thank you for joining our "Pearls and / or Gems" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. Beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are AMAZING! I love the softness and gorgeous layering on both. What wonderful inspiration. You have the best die cuts. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very pretty and delicate and different cards. Such a clever way to use the bling. Yes Marg is a huge inspiration and I do love making cards but never quite seem to pull it off like she does. You have though and the inside is as lovely as the outside. I just love the Maja one too... my fave papers and my fave colours. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Cards Helen...Ohhh and I was lucky enough to receive on of these. Thank you dear Helen. xx

    ReplyDelete