Wednesday 20 March 2019

Scrap Matrix DT - Teal and Purple, Trio of Cards

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge this month 
where we have a gorgeous mood board to inspire you.

The challenge is open to scrap layouts, cards, art journalling, OTP, anything you like really, as long as you use these colours and at least one product from the Scrap Matrix shop.
Easy Peasy!





 I decided to make a few cards using lots of mixed media.  I love getting messy and not knowing if my plan will work or not.
It's fun to just play.




I began with a 6" x 6" piece of heavy white card stock.
It's a bit hard to see here, but using a small sponge,
randomly applied some Finnabair heavy white gesso through two different stencils. Then I dried it thoroughly with a heat tool.

The larger flower texture is from TCW Tuscan Floral stencil, not currently in stock, but this one, Paper Artsy PS005 would work just as well.  

The smaller bits were made with one of my favourite stencils, Carabelle for the love of layers.  It's so versatile.
 It's not in stock right now, but I'm sure it can be ordered.



Using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, I mixed various colours on my craft mat before smooshing on with a Tim Holtz mini circle tool.

I used Peacock Feathers, Broken China, & Salty Ocean for the Teal & Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet & Seedless Preserves for the purple. 

For added intensity, I also dabbed on some Paper Artsy Acrylic paints, Lavender and Caribbean Sea.


I'm showing a couple of different cards throughout.  This one demonstrates the next layer which is to add some darker ink through a different stencil, Tim Holtz Dot Fade.
This Honeycomb one would work well too.

The floral stencil is from Tim Holtz THS705


Another layer, this time some stamping with Black archival ink and a bit of gold pen work.

The stamp is from Carabelle, Bulles d'eau.
  Paper Artsy has a similar one.

The small images in this one, Ginko would work beautifully too. 


A close up showing some white pen work, a title and some bling from my stash.

The dark stencil work is made with Tim Holtz THSO70.
There are lots of Tim's stencils in the store.

The stamp on this card is made by using just the middle of a Paper Artsy Stamp, ETS16.

This Paper Artsy ETS20, stamp would get a similar result.



This floral stencil is from Tim Holtz THS705.

To finish this one off, I used a Happy Birthday stamp and a die from my stash.



For this any occasion card, I used some words from Pink Fresh Studio, "Escape the Ordinary".

Vicki has heaps of phrase stickers to choose from, 
this one from 13@rts would work well too.


The stencil I used for the flowers is from Paper Artsy 085
These word stickers are from the same Pink Fresh pack.

I hope you find time to play along, just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a generous gift voucher or perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. I know you've had problems with your blog but I really hope you are seeing these comments. Your cards are absolutely stunning!! The colours are amazing and I love the techniques used to create those awesome backgrounds! Absolutely brilliant and beautiful!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing Helen, I love the colors together and fabulous texture with the stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy--your playing sure results in gorgeous work, Helen! Love the color combos & how you used the white & gold pens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEautiful mixed media work HElen, I can see how much fun you had and they make gorgeous cards :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards Helen and I love the colouring..very artsy...😊
    Beautifully done! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are just lovely. I am really enjoying making them too at the moment still trying to find my style I think but having fun trying it all. I love the colours and you are rocking the purple. It is so gorgeous with the teal <3

    ReplyDelete