Saturday 7 July 2018

Scrap Matrix DT July 2018 - How sweet it is

Welcome back to my blog today. I'm sharing my take on the 
Scrap Matrix challenge for July
 We have a gorgeous mood board to inspire you.

We've had a change of dates for the challenges; they now start on the first of the month and run for the entire month.

Why not check out the fantastic projects by the rest of the team.



I love these bright colours and was inspired by the heart shape on the mood board to use some heart shaped chipboard which has been sulking in my stash for a while now!
It was delighted to come out and play.


I decided to scrap this sweet photo of my Granddaughter; 
she has a special place in my heart with her love of creating and her free, independent spirit.




Using this flamboyant stamp from Prima, I stamped it on white card stock, fussy cut the flowers and then painted them with Dylusions paints, before adding some little shimmery bits in the centre.


First I chose a white background as a foil for the bright colours.

The Heart chipboard is from Blue Fern.  It comes in a big piece which I randomly cut into bits with a Prima craft knife and prepped with white gesso.  Thinking I wanted to add some stamping, I tried various spots and colours on scraps of paper, before committing to the layout. 



I added some green Dylusions paint to the heart chipboard as a foil to the bright pink and orange.  Still playing around with possible stamp colours.  I like the brown the best.


 I thought the green needed toning down a bit, so I added some wet embossing and some gold wax.  Can you tell by now, that I'm making it up as I go along? !
I'm never quite sure what's happening until it's finished.


I chose this stamp to emphasize the flowers on her face.


Added a couple of stamps for a title and a comment.

Nearly there, but I'm not happy with the bottom right corner.
What should I do without wrecking the whole thing?

The addition of an extra green heart, the gold butterfly, the micro beads, the enamel dots and the tiny star flower stamp all satisfied my urge to "fiddle" and  it's complete. (For the moment - I have been known to come back the next day and start again!)

I hope you find time to play along, just add your entry to the 
Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder; don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.


Scrap Matrix Products used:-

(very similar to this white one) 


Other supplies
 Studio Calico enamel dots
Finnabair - Micro beads

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is gorgeous Helen, the colors are amazing, love how you have colored the flower stamp, and such a cute photo too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Helen, just love those flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so gorgeous Helen! That stamp is absolutely magnificent and you've colour matched it so beautifully to the flower in that sweet photo!! Love how you coloured the heart chippies and added the stamping on the side! Totally stunning page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that toothless grin! EEK! How utterly adorable! It works perfectly with your amazing modern style background design. I just love it. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking page Helen, perfect to set off that cute photo - I love those tropical colours you've used to paint the flowers, the combo of lime green, pink and orange against the white background is stunning. How lovely that your granddaughter has inherited your creativity :o)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliantly designed layout, Helen! Such a great picture of your sweet granddaughter & the perfect floral image to use! You're always so creative altering elements & putting everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A vibrant, fun and fresh layout! Love the elements, the colours and the sweet photo! So cute! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect take on the challenge, you have nailed the colour palette Helen and the sweet photo of your darling Granddaughter is perfect . Love the green hearts and wonderful stamping work

    ReplyDelete