Sunday 1 July 2018

Kraft+ DT - July - Weaving

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome; today I'm sharing a DT post for 
Kraft+



The challenge is to have some weaving on your page.  
It can be with paper, ribbon, string, fabric, anything you choose, 
but let us see the weaving and of course it needs to be on Kraft.



I chose to scrap this school photo of my Granddaughter, as I'd decided to weave with denim and the colour of her uniform worked well with her Grandfathers old gardening jeans.  I ripped them into strips, frayed the edges of the denim and ironed some fabric stabilizer on the back to hold the weaving in the heart shape.


The kitty embellishment is from Charms creations; 
perfect for this girl, as she is passionate about all things feline.

I blanket stitched around the edge of the heart with some DMC thread and while I had it out, I stitched a few wonky daisies to go with the stamping.



The wild child embellie, the teal and yellow papers, as well as the star are from 
Crate Paper, "Cool kid" collection.  The yellow doily is a scrap left over from another layout.

The stamps are possibly one of the first sets I bought, over a decade ago; they are by "Bloom builder stamps".  I used Tim Holtz distress oxide inks to stamp them.



The denim flag is from Charms Creations too and the brad is from Teresa Collins.



The chipboard is from 2 Crafty, an older piece, 
I treated it with Stampendous "Aged Taupe" embossing powder 
which has a bit of blue in it IRL.
I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love, love, love this Helen! The woven denim heart is so innovative and gorgeous and so perfectly matches the little banner. Such a sweet photo of your grandie girl .. she looks so smart in her uniform! I love all the little touches of yellow and that kitty charm is the cutest!! Fantastic page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to weave with denim and love all the little touches like the banner and the Kitty embellishment. Hope you are keeping well Helen.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen! <3 I just love your awesome patchwork heart and this lovely page. So precious and inspiring. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The woven denim heart is a masterpiece, Helen--LOVE it! Wonderful way to scrap that sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaw such a gorgeous page of this girlie! She is getting so big! ;-)
    Love the denim weaved heart and the yellow accents...perfect for this bright and cheery photo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete