Saturday 21 July 2018

How sweet it is - 2nd page with Helen

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge where this month
the theme is "How sweet it is"

You might be inspired by the colours, or the photos on the Gelati bright mood board; you might want to record a sweet moment; what ever floats you boat, but do let us know what inspired your project.

I chose to scrap a photo of one of my little Garden helpers.



My plan was to create a background using my Gel Plate with 
the lusciously creamy, Dylusions paints and some stencils.


I added small dabs of paint onto the Gel Plate.


Using a brayer, I spread them out, trying not to blend them too much.


Next, I added a stencil from my stash, then I placed a piece of  white card stock on the top.  Using my hand, I rubbed the card firmly, to ensure contact with the paint, before gently peeling it off to reveal the pattern it created.

  
The first pull was a bit dark, but I really liked this second one.
Having allowed the paint to dry, I added some more Teal paint through a stencil, trying to pick up the colour of the bucket.



Now to colour the chipboard.


First I tried painting the chipboard hearts with Squeezed Orange Dylusions, but I didn't like the look with the pink flowers in the photo. 


So I tried the Bubble Gum Pink. 

Nup! Toooo pink.   How about some over stamping? Don't think so!


 What about some Gold Wax?   Yuk!  Going from bad to worse!
Why am I boring you with all my fails you might ask?  Just to prove that the Blue Fern Chipboard is so sturdy it will stand up to anything and not distort or warp. 





Then I remembered an embossing powder which might mute the colour and add some black and gold.  It went seamlessly over all the layers and finally I had a look I was happy with. What do you think?   


I stamped some triangles and a square on the first Gel Plate Pull, cut them out and tucked them under the photo for a bit of definition.

To finish off, I added a bit of stamping to echo the colour of the chipboard and scattered a few prills inside the hearts.  The tiny flowers are from my stash.


This little boy loved watering the flowers every time he came with his twin to spend the day with us.  I notice he just got his undies on; it must have been one of his "No, no, Granny, no shorts" days!

Thanks for calling in today, I hope you find something to inspire your creativity. We'd love to have you play along and perhaps win a prize from the uber generous Vicki Christensen.  Please remember to let us know which products you used that are available at Scrap Matrix and upload your entry to the facebook group.


Scrap Matrix Products used:-

PaperArtsy Stamps, EKC02
AALL & Create Stamps, #43
AALL & Create Stamps,#10
AALL & Create Stencil #9
Carabelle Studio Stamps, Les Geometriks #1
Maremi Small Art Stickers for 13@rts, Small Sayings

Other products
Stampendous embossing Powder, Aged Scarlet
Prima Stencil, Elemental Half Tone
Prima flowers
Prills

4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous, Helen, I love the watermelon colour scheme you've ended up with and I really enjoyed seeing how you built up the background, and the gradual metamorphosis of the chipboard pieces. I really must dig out some of my chippie stash and have a go, you're an inspiration :o)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Helen, just love how you created the arty back ground and love the chipboard pieces too.. a brilliant layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--a darling picture & an incredible layout, Helen! I really do need to use my gel plate that's still in the package--you've inspired me! The chipboard transformation is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAW...such a precious little page! I love the styling which is so perfect for this theme and little garden gnome!!!! ;-) The background is fabulous and so great to see how you achieved this result! Beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete