Friday 1 June 2018

Kraft+ DT - Dr Suess

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome; today I'm sharing a DT post for 
KRAFT+

Welcome to June and a new direction and focus for Kraft Plus Challenges. 
We are now less focused on prizes and competition 
and we are now directing our focus to 

Community, Participation and Inspiration.

We hope you join us.!

We have a corker of a challenge for you this month.
Take a look at this fabulous mood board by Amanda Hall.
If you'd like to play along, be sure to create on Kraft.

We had stacks of Dr. Suess books when our Boys were young and the 
Grandchildren love them too.
Our family loves books and we like to start reading to Bubbas 
from the time they can keep their eyes open!
From the plethora of amusing quotes by Dr Suess, I settled on this one, 
as it suited the photo perfectly.
I used my gel plate and some gesso to create the background 
with a Crafter's Workshop stencil, TCW 361.
The inked stripes were added via a Tim Holtz stencil THS 00.
For the yellow alphabet, I used another Tim Holtz stencil THS 011.
The quote was created in Photoshop.  
I wanted to get a leopard print on the word WILD, it looked sooo easy on you tube!
Grrr! a five minute task which took me forever!

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-


  At the Baby shower just before you were born, guests were invited to 
gift a favourite book from their childhood. 
I loved the idea, as did others and you now have a big collection to choose from.  
When you were five months old we flew to Melbourne to visit you at your home. My Sister came to visit as she'd not met you before. She brought a bright rustling parcel for you. 
At five months, you were more interested in the wrapping paper, than you were in the book, but I'm confident you will be a bibliophile like the rest of your cousins.
Love Granny 27th July 2017.


I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is another amazing page!! I love the bright colours and the quote is absolutely fabulous!! What a wonderful take on this challenge!! Gorgeous!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page...love the balloons and the super title! I had to smile at your comment about the printing of your title....man oh man, that has happened to me a few times. You think something will be easy and ends up taking you an age and aging you by a few years too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful page, Helen! The picture is such a treasure & the artistic background is beautifully done & in no one detracts from the picture--love it! Indeed the perfect Dr. Seuss quote! One day maybe I'll actually get my Geli plate out of the package--haha!

    ReplyDelete