Sunday 10 June 2018

Scrap Matrix DT - What's the point?

Have you seen the fun Scrap Matrix Challenge for May?
It finishes on the 14th June, but you still have a few days to play along and get your point across.  Take inspiration from the mood board and use any or all of those pointy angles. 


I chose to scrap this photo of my Son and his Baby Girl.
It seems to capture the meaning of life, which for me, is to love and be loved.  The whole point of our existence.  Hmmmm, hope I'm not getting too soppy for you!   But what to do with the photo?


I had these pointy stamps and stencils and decided 
to work with them on some watercolour paper.


 I sprayed the paper with a water mister before smooshing the Periwinkle blue paint on with my fingers - such fun.


Adding  colour, Laidback Lilac, blending and spraying.


Then some Polished Jade and White linen.
I dried it off with a heat tool before the next step.


Using the White linen and a makeup sponge, 
I dabbed triangles across the whole piece.


I still wasn't sure how to use this and it looked too intense, 
so I decided to chop it up.


Having learnt the hard way to not just chop into the paper,
I randomly cut some triangle shapes as a guide and then played around with placement a 12"x12" background.


I maximised the wide part of the triangles by crossing 
them over in the middle and trimming off the excess.


The little triangle stamp made a great border for the photo.

I thought I'd finished, but have a habit of adding bits and pieces until I wreck the whole thing. The Zig Zag stamping, the chevron border, the ink splashes, the title and the word stickers all snuck in, when I wasn't paying attention! I think it's still O.K. Phewww!

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
There's something about this photo that tugs at my heart strings.
Perhaps it's the look of unconditional love on your Daddy's face.
  You were about 15 months old and had led your Parents on a merry dance by using night time for anything but sleeping!
Despite that, you are a happy wee Bubba, interested in everything,  eager to feed and dress yourself, run everywhere, climb wherever possible and play games with your dog Alfie.  Go well little Girl, you bring so much joy into our lives.  23rd May 2018, Love Granny 

I hope you find time to play along, just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.


Dylusions Shimmer Spray - Calypso Teal
Ranger Dylusions stamps - Inbetweenies DYR34575
Tim Holtz Ideology Stickers - Small talk

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Helen, and what a great way to create a background. It really draws the eye in towards that lovely precious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so glad to see this page so big on your blog and see all the details much better than on my phone.. this looks sensational! yes very eye catching and I love the colors..and such a special photo too.. a beautiful layout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Helen, that background you created looks fabulous!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I love the fantastic paper you made and that cool stencil. What a gorgeous, truly radiant layout. You've got the touch. <3 Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such fun what you did with the background, seems so long since I've got messy with mists and paints. It is very effective what you did with the design, really drawing your eyes to the gorgeous photo. As always your story telling is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design is so perfect...just draws one to that super photo! Beautiful colours and a beautiful page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design Helen, must have been scary cutting into that gorgeous paper you'd created, but it looks so cool. I think you've added just the right amount of "bits and pieces" and the lovely photo is definitely still the star of the show :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo & a wonderful way to showcase it, Helen! The colors & images on the watercolor paper are stunning!

    ReplyDelete