Thursday 7 March 2019

Scrap Matrix March - Teal and Purple with Helen

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge this month 
where we have a gorgeous mood board to inspire you.

These colours are absolutely stunning - I've always loved teal and have grown to like purple more recently.  Together, I think they are a knockout combination.



I started by choosing a photo of my Grand daughter wearing her first Birthday present; a little dress I smocked for her.


The paper is called Lavender Morning and was 
a perfect match for the dress.


I stamped this image, Art by Marlene, Stamp BM06  on plain white card stock, using Tim Holtz Black archival ink.


I thought the shape of the smocking pattern looked great with the zig zags and the hearts on the stamp.


Trialling a colour of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, before
adding it to the stamp with a fine brush.



Happy with that and now to achieve the purple. 


I mixed blue and purple from the Distress Oxide inks.


I chose this 6x6 paper pad Art Journey, by 13@rts to build up a few layers behind the photo.


Now I'm auditioning the stamped image to build up the design, 
but I didn't like it in this corner.



Here, I'm just trying out various colours from the paper pad to create a multi-layered mat and I've darkened the bottom corner leaves to a teal using gelatos.


I added a couple of flower images, from a scrap of paper in my stash.  It's so old, I don't know it's origins.



Still building up the design, this time with two stamps.

Hmmm - I think I'll try adding some stamping under 
the right, bottom corner.  Fingers crossed that I don't wreck the whole thing, as I only have one sheet of this paper.



I'm semi-OK with this look, but will leave it overnight 
and see if  the morning brings new ideas.



That looks better, (well I think so!) I've added fabric flowers and pearls from my stash, a few flicks of paint and some word titles from Mambi Sticks, CBVP-94, similar to these.

I hope you find time to play along, just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a generous gift voucher or perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.




7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Helen. It certainly is a stunning Mood Board 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I thought I had made a comment about this, but maybe I didnt!!??? anyways, love the coloring in of the stamped image, those colors look fabo together, and such a pretty dress.. a wonderful take on the challenge.. great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Helen. It certainly is a stunning Mood Board 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Helen and I am SO impressed with your smocking handiwork, that's something i've never tried, it looks so pretty. I love how the stamped circles echo the smocking and love the striking teal/purple combo :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone who dislikes purple you have rocked this challenge and I love the detail you took from the smocking...very clever. Love the idea of changing the colours of the leaves with gelatos too. Beautiful layout for a beautiful girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You smocked that dress?! I had forgotten about smocking which was a favorite when I was young! The stamp is just perfect with the sweet picture of your granddaughter & your painting of it is wonderful! Love every detail you added--this page is a treasure, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page of your grandie. Gorgeous circle stamp too.
    Its sometimes good to leave a page overnight and then see it with fresh eyes the next day. I do that very often...just gives one a fresh look, especially on page balance. 😊

    ReplyDelete