Saturday 26 July 2014

Love every inch of you - DT layout for CSI 132

Hello and thanks for calling in, 
I hope you will be inspired and maybe leave a little comment for me.
Here is the vibrant case file if you'd like to play along.
I was inspired by the outdoor theme and chose to document
a favourite outdoor activity when the children come for the day.
To see what the CSI DT have created for your inspiration. 
CLICK HERE
Simply use all five colours.
At least two of the Evidence prompts
and at least one of the Testimony prompts
Most of all just have fun.
My page is based on a sketch from Sketchabilities
I had a few whoopsies with the Mixed Media and
covered a lot of the mess with the ruler,
which saved the page from the bin!
The back ground green is My Mind's Eye, Notable "Love this" range.
Sadly, I think that's my last piece of it.
 I used a mixture of scraps here - Kaisercraft, Chatterbox and Bo Bunny
The hexagon stamp is from Bo Bunny
and the hessian flower is from a $2.00 shop.
It was extra large, so I just pulled it apart and used the middle.
 The Mason jar is American Crafts, Lucky Charm, "Dreamcatcher"

EVIDENCE
String - around the jar
Pour something on your page - Glimmer glaze and Glimmermist
Hexagons - stamped
Floral pattern - on the jar
Bottle/jar
Bird

TESTIMONY
One of your favourite things to do is to squish your little fingers into play dough and make snakes and dinosaurs.  The best part of this activity is making a new batch of dough.  You love the mixing and experimenting with different types. e.g. flour and salt, hair conditioner and cornflour, flour and oil cooked on the stove. We usually go out under the verandah to contain the mess, however, I can see flour on your forehead and you always like to taste a bit, to see if it’s any nicer than last weeks recipe!  Love Granny 18th February 2014

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. lovely page Helen, great sketch to follow to.... and yes children love making things with their hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful Helen, and you have the perfect photos to compliment the designs you create .. loveeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and love the green with the top your little grandie is wearing. Great design and the thing I love about scrapbooking , there are no mistakes, they can always be fixed :) Love the title with the ruler and such a gorgeous photo and beautiful journalling for your grandson
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could write comments as I'm reading your post! Firstly, LOOOVE that bg pp...shame it's your last bit! And the woopsy....great save - it would've been a shame to bin this one! And, also, I'd forgotten about play dough - I used to make it when I worked at a child care centre years ago....Lucas would ADORE doing this, so thank you!! And LASTLY [think I've remembered it all!!]...that hessian flower is DELISH!!!! Even if it is only the centre:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Helen! That title is perfect! Love the measuring tapes and sweet framed photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little page Helen and that photo....smiling from ear to ear! ;-) Love the clean design...along with the hexagon stamp! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your whoopsies! Fab page - so glad you didn't have to throw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout, like of your creations Helen <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Helen, I just know that your little ones are going to love reading all these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just ADORE reading your musings about the dough making! totally remember the salt 'n flour bit, not so much putting a good dollop in my mouth forgetting about the salt ... ha ha! Beautiful page as always Helen, LOVE it! Do you remember the days we would never have ripped a bloom in pieces to fit onto a page? The whoopsie turned out really good ;)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well no one would know about the whoopsie. Love the sketch and your beautiful layout.....sweet photo too....You are so good at solving these cases. Wonderful journaling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So delicious! Love that ruler & the little pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahahahaha and for me those days will come again. I love the things that you notice and write about. Just the little everyday things. So perfect in every way and how wonderful that we can hide our whoopsies... another very special layout.

    ReplyDelete