Friday 7 September 2018

Scrap Matrix DT September 2018 - You've been framed.

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge where this month
the theme is You've been framed.   You can use any kind of frame, or multiple frames, big, small or in between.

They can be in clusters or lined up in rows. 
Have you been framed for something you didn't do??  
We'd love to hear all about it, using frames of course!


Take a look here to see what the rest of the team 
have created to inspire you.

I've attempted a double layout, something I've not done for years!

None of this series of photos is strong enough to use on it's own, but as a group, I think they tell the story of our family's love of Summer, the Beach and Cricket quite well.




The idea for the design began with this stamp set from 
I was inspired by the frame which I planned to use for journalling and also the naive clouds, the suns and the summery, beachy words.






The left side page.


The right side page.



I chose two sheets of paper from Pink Fresh studio, 
and cut out the centre to form a frame for each page.


Still on the framed theme, and using a die from my stash, 
I cut four frames for the four small photos on the left page.


Next, I hand drew some frames around the landscape shaped photos, 
I was inspired by the stamped journal frame.



The title is from Mambi Chips. The one I used is not in stock right now, but click on the link for something quite similar.


 

I stamped the little clouds onto some water colour paper and used 
blue and white water colour paints from my stash to colour them.


I coloured the little circles around the borders with 
Tim Holt Oxides distress inks, Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean.

To tie the two sides together, I added a small green stamped tag on the right of the photos using Tim Holtz Archival Ink, Jet Black.

I added stamped words directly onto the photos. 



To emphasize the stamped titles, I swished a bit of water colour paint through the words, hoping that it would't go everywhere!


The black chipboard circles are also from Mambi.

I stitched around the the frame with white thread, to add another frame and some definition to the page. 

As the pages were in the great outdoors with a natural theme, I wanted to keep them crisp, clean and simple, so I mostly avoided mixed media in the background and just added stamping.

Thanks for calling in today, I hope you find time to play along, 
just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder; don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher from the generous Vicki Christensen and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a fabulous double pager, I haven't created a double page for a long time!! Love the crisp clean look and all the photos go so well together, you have made it all look so good.. love the die you have used for matting your photos.. and it looks like a wonderful day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Helen... so much work has gone into this wonderful layout. The papers are a perfect 'frame' for the pics too. I too have wonderful memories of the beach, summer and cricket with my three brothers. Your layouts are truly inspiring and I love how your style has completely evolved. It is so good to be back visiting my favourite haunts <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pages, Helen! Clearly shows a family enjoying their time together! Love all the frames, clouds, colors--everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Helen, there's so much I love about these bright and breezy pages - ingenious use of lots of different types of frame, my favourite is the hand drawn and coloured ones, they look so cool. I never think to do double pages unless I'm in a class or something, but they do have a great impact and these two work together really well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This double page spread is fabulous Helen! Loving all the different ways you 'framed' this and also how you kept everything light and bright and crisp and summery!! Absolutely gorgeous!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with that double pager! ;-) I also don't do them very often anymore, except when I have a class to do and they insist on double pages.
    Love the photies and the stamping. Stamping always adds so much interest, without adding bulk! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fave! Good on you for doing a whhaaaaa??? DOUBLE? Barely remembered they existed, tee hee!! LOVE how you've tackled it, adore the frames of differing bits and also the touch of watercolour. Amazagobs!

    ReplyDelete