Saturday 1 September 2018

Scrap the Boys DT September -

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today 
where I'm sharing a DT layout for
Scrap the Boys

 The challenge is to to scrap about about a Baby Boy.
Don't you just love this image?

The photo reminded me of a photo I have of my Father which is almost a hundred years old and I chose to work with it in a vintage style.



Rather than use blues or greens, I went with soft Autumn colours, as they reminded me of some of the colours often used in the Art Deco period.



I found a embroidery pattern on pinterest and adapted it a bit to flow around the photo.  I stitched it all with DMC embroidery thread.

The die cut frame is from Spellbinders and the paper is so old, that it doesn't even have a manufacturers name on it.
The Penny Farthing bike chipboard is from Scrapmatts, as is the title.

I hope you will feel inspired to play along and be eligible for a prize.

I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout! love the elegant and delicate design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this page on FB, the stitching is so fabulous and the photo fabulous! Really love this page...so soft and elegant! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I can see how the inspiration photo put you n mind of this lovely picture of your Father. I love how you've adapted the embroidery and used the lacy edges to set off the photo perfectly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievably wonderful, Helen! This is an absolute treasure with that fabulous photo (reminds me I think I have one very similar of my dad who would have been 102 last month), wonderful frame & incredible stitched design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! This is super gorgeous Helen!! What a precious photo and so beautifully showcased! Love, love, love the embroidery! Such a clever idea and it looks so delicate and beautiful! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of this layout. You are so lucky to have such a precious photo. I have really missed seeing your posts <3

    ReplyDelete