Saturday 21 September 2019

Art Foamies - Scrap Matrix September 2019 challenge


Hello there scrappy friends, I'm back again with an Art Journal page for the September challenge at Scrap Matrix, using Art Foamies.




Have you seen them?   They are quite thick and spongy; and they work brilliantly with paints and gel plates.  
Just the thing to make a big hot mess!


Here is my first attempt to blend pink, peach and yellow on a Gel Plate to get the background colour.  Good grief! That will go in the box that I stamp over, make cards from, or cut into shapes for the Grand children.


I'm still a novice with this technique; so never quite sure what is going to happen and that's half the fun of it.  Hmmm....sometimes not so fun when I can't achieve what is in my mind's eye!


Take three, not what I had in mind and the black is too dark IMHO.

Why am I showing you all these fails you may well ask?  Just to encourage you to keep trying and keep playing.  I used to think I should get it right first time every time, but now know that is rarely the case. 

Finally, I got a background I liked!   If at first you don't succeed!



Next I made a puddle of white acrylic and painted a medium coat directly onto the foamie before stamping it on to the background.

I thought it looked a bit bare so I sponged some white through a stencil to add interest.  I just love the rose girl ephemera.  She is also from Marlene.  Details listed below.

The quotes are from.
Studio light art by Marlene - Quote and letter sticker pad.

I've put this into my Dylusions journal which we made a cover for in one of Tracey Scott's classes last year.

Thinking about booking in this year?  Tracy is a magnificent teacher and I think Vicki still has a few spots left in some of the classes.
 Details can be found at scrap matrix shares

Products used from Scrap Matrix
Art Foamies by Marlene, Leaf Geo
this is a 12x12 just to show you what the stencil looks like, as the 6x6 which I used is not currently in stock.  If you really love it, I'm sure Vicki can order one in for you.

Thanks for looking. I hope you will feel inspired to join in and perhaps win a gift card from the Scrap Matrix store.




6 comments:

  1. Your failures look pretty good to me, especially the 3rd one. But wow--your final version is so beautiful & is perfect with the rose girl! A wonderful page, Helen! Hope you're doing well--hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm I really believe there are no mistakes in creating.. perhaps lessons, but not mistakes.. the art is alive and takes on its own way!!! anyway I love your creating.. and the last one is fantastic.. I love the image and the back ground details look amazing.. I hope you are feeling much better..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen. Sorry I've been absent so long. Life is a bit topsy turvy at the moment but hopefully, settling down again soon. Love your journal page .. absolutely gorgeous and, I agree with Lizzy, there are no mistakes in creating. I think your 'failures' are gorgeous too and I'm sure you will find a brilliant use for them. Must say I really love your final attempt. Beautiful colour and totally fabulous details. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen the result is just gorgeous and if you ask me...you make it look easy gal! Love the first 2 attempts too...they can be used for other projects! Love all the little sentiments....very cool! Hope you are well...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really enjoying the whole mixed media thing and art journalling this is lovely <3

    ReplyDelete