Thursday 1 November 2018

Scrap The Boys DT - "You & Me" October 2018

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today where 
I'm sharing a DT layout for


You can take this challenge anywhere you want, 
as long as it showcases one of your Boy's/Men and you.
Too easy! - take a look at what the DT have created for your inspiration.


This challenge encouraged me to scrap a photo of my Husband and me; something I rarely do, as I mostly scrap about the Grandchildren.  The photo was taken in 1995 almost a quarter of a century ago. Yikes - no wonder my bones ache! 

The paper was a total splurge when we called into Ballarat on the way home from Melbourne.  I called into the Imagination Factory and fell in love with this paper by Alexandra Renke. The water colour flowers took my eye and I just had to have them.  I think they look lovely with the photo. 


As the paper is busy I wanted to keep the page simple.  I  "smooshed" various shades of Tim Holtz Distress Oxides to create a marbled look on the title.
The title is a cut file from Silhouette Studio.


The die cut border is from Uniquely Creative and the little date tag is an oldie from Heidi Swapp.

I hope you will feel inspired to play along and be eligible for a prize 
or a Guest Design Team Spot.

I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. This page is stunning Helen! What a beautiful tribute to a loving relationship! Such a beautiful photo of you and hubby and I'm not surprised at all that you simply had to have that paper .. it is divine!! A wonderful page .. simple, elegant and oh, so beautiful!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page, and those flowers in the background are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous!! and are the flowers on the paper? I thought you had created those flowers your self!! anyway it is such pretty paper.. and that photo is lovely... where does the time go hey!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you chose to scrap a picture of you & your hubby, Helen--wonderful shot of both of you! The paper is amazing! I can see why I've been hearing people rave about Alexandra Renke designs! Your title matches so perfectly--wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your layout creates a feeling of softness. Great to do a layout of you and your husband as these memories are important to document as well. I'm hearing you re the aching bones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous paper and love that you kept it clean, so that the photo and title popped!
    Where does the time go....love the photo...pretty neat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this one over at Scrap The Boys. Wow! What fab paper and you've showcased both it and the photo perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete