Monday 1 October 2018

Scrap the Boys DT, October 2018 - Navy and pink Moodboard

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a 
Design Team layout for Scrap the Boys.


 The challenge is to use these colours to scrap about about the boy/s 
in your life.  I just love the deep blue and pink combo.

Despite one of my Grand Boys being vehemently opposed to wearing pink now that he is the ripe old age of seven and a half, I was able to find a photo of him in the dreaded colour!




 I chose a  Maja paper, The Denim & Friends collection, "Worn Indigo."
Next I cut a file from Paper Issues, called "Stitching Heart Burst",
before layering it over a "Hot Pink ombre" paper from Echo Park.
  

To add interest and texture to the page, I filled the heart with some Pink Fresh sequins in a shaker format.  I thought it worked well with the title.

The title was cut from Authentique "Lacy" ( the reverse side), using "Butterfly Heart" cut file, from Paper Issues.

The little die cut tags around the photo are from Spellbinders.

We do hope you will join us this month!  There will be a scrappy prize for the Australian winner and a guest design spot for the international winner.

I appreciate your kind comments I so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Helen--my jaw dropped! This is a totally amazing layout--love it so much! The color combo is one of my favorites & that picture is precious! Funny thing, my dad started wearing a pink hat after my mom started wearing only pink. He lived another 15 years after I lost my mom & he continued to only wear the pink hat. Everyone in town knew him by that hat & strangers would come up to talk with him because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, your page is absolutely wonderful!! I love all the heart shapes and that cute photo!! Have a beautiful month. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this layout is so beautiful.. I love the shaker heart in the centre as well as all the hearts around your page.. and a lovely photo of your precious boys too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is fabulous Helen! I also love that colour combo and the photo of your boys is gorgeous!! Love the heart burst .. it looks awesome with the ombre background behind it and the shaker detail in the centre is brilliant!! Absolutely stunning page!! Enjoy the rest of the week!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, this is such a striking design and I love how the title works with the heart shaker element. Great colour combo and you've made it work realy well with this photo - the pink brings out their little pink cheeks doesn't it?! :o)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely page Helen, love all those hearts in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a hearty page!!!! Love the hearts and the little shaker heart...
    Great design and the cutest photo! So special! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it! And it's so funny cos my 3 yo Grand Boy's fave colour is pink. I really MUST try and get to do this challenge. HE'll prob turn into a vehement opposer by 7, too! LOve the shaker. It's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete