Saturday 12 May 2018

Scrap Matrix DT - Tic Tac Toe - Helen's second Project. Together

Hello there, welcome back to my blog where today I'm sharing another project for the

The challenge is to create a project using a tic tac toe monochromatic theme.
For those of you who have not come across this before, the idea is to use any three objects from the grid, but they must be in a straight line horizontally, vertically or even diagonally. You may use any monochromatic colours you like.
Here is the grid for you to choose from.
This time I'm creating with different shades of pink with black and white as neutrals.
I followed the top grid line using 
Brads, flairs or buttons, a Stamp, & Pretty patterned paper. 
The gorgeous pink paper is from 13@rts, the Art Journey collection, "Travel."
I began with the background, creating texture with Prima stencils,

Then using Ranger black archival ink, I stamped three sets of the AALL #20 Flower stamp
which I coloured with various Distress Oxide inks, before fussy cutting them out.
The title is by 13@rts - I painted it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and added some faux stitched lines with a black pen.
I added some beads and bling to the middle of the flowers.
Because this little Girl's first word was "Birdie", I added a little Bird button to the cluster.

Thanks for your visit today. 
I hope you've found something to inspire you. You still have a few days left
to play along at the Scrap Matrix Tic Tac Toe challenge and be in the running for 
a gorgeous prize from the uber generous Vicki Christensen.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Helen! What a wonderful photo! Love all the blossoms and the sweet little bird! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so lovely Helen! Your background paper is gorgeous and you prettied it up even more with the stenciling .. it looks fabulous!! Beautiful photo perfectly showcased with those gorgeous flowers at the sides. I love this design .. absolutely divine!! Enjoy what's left of the weekend and I hope you are feeling heaps better now!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful lay out Helen, that paper is gorgeous and I love how you used the different elements from the top line of the grid. Beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing, I love the flowers, clever idea to use stamps.. great colors, (love the pinks) and the sweet little birdie too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I'm crazy over these flowers against your fabulous stenciled background! This is one gorgeous spread and you've rocked the color pink! Big wow! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Helen--now this may be my favorite of your layouts! The color scheme is one I totally love & I'm always amazed at the wonderful results of your stencil paste on designer paper! The flower centers take it to a whole new level & remind me I need to use my beads that just sit in a drawer! The faux stitching is perfect! Beautiful family picture & a treasure of a layout! I'm so late getting to your blog, but have been thinking about you & hope the rehab is going well. Sending hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning Helen, just love those flowers and the beautiful tones of pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page...the stamping and design is just gorgeous! Love the monotone...
    Beautiful page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete