Friday 1 September 2017

Kraft + DT September - Hello

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome to Spring, where today I'm sharing a page for 
Kraft+ 
The theme is...What's the Buzz...Be inspired by BEES. 
You could use a bee element..or honey colour..or honeycomb..or yellow & black stripes. 



I love the graphics and was inspired to use many of the elements on the mood board.
Although the photo is not great, it tells the story of our latest Grand Baby meeting her big cousins, on Mother's day this year.  How exciting to have everybody home for Mother's Day. 
The papers are from Kaisercraft "Golden Grove."
I used a Scrapmatts stencil with crackle paste to make the big hexagons.
Inspired by the "flight paths" on the graphic, I stitched a few on my page.
The yellow stamping was done with a Darkroom Door stamp, "Arty Hexagons." 
The little bee is a button and the stamped border 
was created with a Viva Las Vegas stamp, "Punchinella."

I found the metal bee embellie at a craft fair.
The inking was done with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides; Spiced Marmalade,
 Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint.
The chipboard title is from Scrapmatts.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
I was in the kitchen when one of your Aunties came to me saying, "Can you please come to the play room now Granny; you won't want to miss this"!  You had just been fed and changed and all your cousins gathered around in awe at how small you were.  They were fascinated by the fact that you could not talk, or walk, or move very much and that you didn't know who they were.  One of your other Aunties suggested that they introduce yourselves and explain things to you. One by one, they said their names and "Hello and I'm...this is your little hand", "Hello, I'm...this is your little leg" and so on. They were so lovingly tender and you just grabbed their fingers and smiled. With the sun streaming in the window illuminating their faces, it looked a bit like the Adoration of the Magi; a Sacred moment, in the middle of an ordinary day.   
Love Granny, 15th May 2017

I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.
If you leave details of you blog, I'd be happy to return the favour.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click on the Follow me on Bloglovin' button.

10 comments:

  1. I love your take on this challenge Helen, and I can imagine the awe at this new baby and such an exquisite creature.. and I love your words like bees around a honey pot.. love the embellishing and all those sweet bees and the stitching really adds to your page too.. and yes here we are in spring.. I hope we get some rain soon and all the flowers will be smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--your journaling brought tears to my eyes--so precious! This page is one of my favorites, Helen--incredibly beautiful elements! I'm totally in love with & in awe of your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a precious moment and one that needs to be recorded. It still amazes me the relationship between the twins and Scarli.. Sometimes it seems like they are a bit scared of her... they want her to play with them but they still don't understand why she is different :D I love your page too filled with colour and love and so many techniques. I love it. You are as at ease with mixed media as you are with CAS.. a wonderful thing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Helen!! What precious memories were created that day and you have recorded them beautifully! What a delightful way for everyone to be introduced to the new babe .. priceless! I so love your take on this mood board. The colour mix, the stitching, the sweet little bees .. all of the elements perfectly arranged around that wonderful photo!! Totally exquisite!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, love the colours and the background stencilling looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous and sunny page! Love the yellow and kraft and sewn bzzzzzz bits! A special and remembered moment too...! Gorgeous work, as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge......beautiful page Hellen, love the hand stitched bee trail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't always have to be a great photo to tell a beautiful story. Love this Helen and most of all I love the journalling, so beautiful and will be wonderful to look back on. I like the punchinella stamping and the crackle effect of the background stencilling. The bees are pretty cute and wonderful , neat stitching. A beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stitched bee!!! Oh my gosh how amazing! I am so loving the yellow on kraft, stunning beyond words. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful journaling. Love the stitching details, the bee elements ad the crackled hexagons. An inspirational and beautiful page. Love this. xx

    ReplyDelete