Sunday 1 June 2014

& Baby makes three - CSI Challenge 125

Hello, thanks for clicking on my blog today - welcome.
I have a CSI Design Team layout to share with you.
I absolutely love these colours and I had this sweet photo to work with, 
so it all came together quite quickly.  I was inspired by the ampersand.
Here's how I cracked the case,
why not pop over to
and have a look at the examples by the Design Team.
I hope you will be inspired to play.
The idea is to use all of the colours,
At least two of the evidence prompts
And at least one of the testimony prompts.
It's not as hard as it sounds, I promise!
 Here's how I cracked the case.
The grey background paper is from Simple Stories and the teal is a very old Bo Bunny range. The lime green is from WR Memory keepers and the pale blue is from Kaisercraft.
 The wooden flower is by Kaisercraft
and the tiny envelope is by Studio Calico
 The butterfly flair is from Studio fourteen 40 and the ampersand
was cut from the reverse side of the grey paper
the alphas are from Lily Bee Designs

EVIDENCE - is tucked in the small envelope
Flowers
Clock
Scallops
Ampersand
Textured paper - the background is wood grain
Wood - the big flower and the bird
Buttons

TESTIMONY
I used the inspiration word “time” and the journalling is tucked in the little envelope.

There was a time, before Grandchildren, when I wondered what all the fuss was about.  Friends of ours, who had them, seemed to turn into mush overnight.  Yes, babies were sweet, but I remembered the sleepless nights and the tantrums too.  Then you came along with your big eyes and your even bigger smile and I fell in love again in a heart beat. A wave of joy swept over me as I greeted you; son of my son and  another generation of the family. Here you are at 6 months having learned so many things in half a year. I don’t think you will understand how precious you are, until you have Grandchildren of your own.  Love Granny 25 May 2014

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple look to your page....you have cracked this case perfectly Helen....gorgeous photo, I love the little banner, the flowers, sequins, the flair, the little bird and title. Brilliant layout. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...they are the most precious gifts in this world. Love your beautiful page...such clean lines and striking design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, me too!! I ADORE these colours & wasn't going to play...but since I was in Orange & had the time...LOL!!!! LOOOVE your take [gorg photo, too], especially the birdy with the ampersand:):) Whew! Think I've finally caught up!!! Go away for a couple of days & soooo many blog posts to catch up one;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page...the fresh colours are so perfect for this happy page! The styling and design on your recent pages are just so fabulous and this one is no exception. I so love it! Wonderful journalling too and such a precious sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And those little sequins look soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I get so far behind on my blogging again. Seriously! When I scroll through it seems like I haven't visited in forever. Anyway I loved this one when I saw in in the forum. A lovely clean layout with a hint of splats and lovely colours and photos and then the journalling. As I read through it I could feel the love for my own overwhelming me. It is just another thing in life that no one understands until they go through it. Stunning Helen!

    ReplyDelete