Sunday 16 February 2014

Altered chipboard

It's time for the mid month challenge at Scrap Africa

 This time it is hosted by Ada Nicholls

The challenge is to use chipboard and to alter it in some way
I decided to make a card for a special friend and
used some chipboard from my stash
 I think is was made by Scrapworx
First I gave the chipboard two coats of gesso, then a coat of 
Tim Holtz distress ink "Faded Jeans"
Finally I applied embossing ink and "Aged marine" embossing enamel
which I melted that with a heat gun and while still hot, 
added some gold mica fragments, which I melted again.
It may sound complicated, but didn't take long and I love the effect with this vintage image.

I hope you will pop over and see what the rest of the team has created
and join us for a play with altering chipboard.

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Soooo beautiful - love all the techniques you used here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...love the cluster down the bottom & the 'work' you've done to the chippy...I hadn't thought of melting mica...looks BRILL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love your altered chippie and the image is so elegant.. a really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card! Love the colours, the diecuts you used and that super altered chippie! So beautiful and elegant! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous work Helen, love your vintage card... I am sure your friend will too

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolute perfection Helen.. stunning rich colors and the technique on the chippies is wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Helen! don't think I've seen you make any cards before. This is absolutely amazing, lucky duck your friend! the effect of the embossing enamel with the gold mica flakes is fantastic. LOVE this big time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!! The altered chippie piece look amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work with the chipboard! love the colrs and the texture.

    ReplyDelete