Sunday 15 December 2013

102 - CSI Challenge - Resilience

This week's challenge includes a fun sketch from the talented Em Stafrace.  The colours are bright and fun and I used some photos of DGS, who has a bright and fun  personality.
I know this is a busy time of the year, but with the sketch, you could whip a page up in no time at all! Why not pop over to CSI and see what the DT have created

CLICK HERE


The green paper is some old Creative Imaginations.
The yellow heart paper is by American Crafts
The gorgeous orange washi tape is from Craft Queen
 The wooden birds are from Studio Calico
The orange and yellow birds were fussy cut from Basic Grey, Knee Highs,  "Double Dutch"
Green enamel sugar dots and alphas are  by Prima
The wooden branch is from Kaisercraft 
The gold hearts are ancient; they are from American Traditional Designs
EVIDENCE
Birds
Gold accents
Dots
Doodling
Leaves/branches
Small dots
Solid Background
Circles

TESTIMONY is on the back of the page
I went to the 4th of December writing prompt and chose,  “If I could give any gift to any person, what would it be?”

When these happy photos were taken you had just arrived as Buzz Lightyear at your little cousin’s party.   You approached guests with a “Gidday mate” and the thumbs up sign, ready to rock and roll.  You tackle everything head on, absolutely fearless and often have the scars and bruises to prove it.

If I could give any gift to you, it would be that you always retain your exuberance for life, your ability to get up and try again, the tenacity to persevere until you succeed; the gift of resilience.  Love Granny August 2013

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. love love love this so much Helen .... super duper layout full of smiling happiness x
    for some reason I am not receiving my bloglovin emails ??? are you getting yours ?
    love ya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and I love the journalling and your wish for him too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Helen! I could feel a smile building up on my face when I looked at the photos of him! LOVE your journalling, can imagine this little fellow as Buzz Lightyear :)) As always, your page is perfect! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen you have created the perfect fun and bright layout for this exuberant GS of yours. He sounds truly delightful :) I love the bright colours on the dark background they really pop and that is such a cool photo of him, and I just love your journalling. So special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Helen and love the bright colours that you used to surround your little chap! Love the little birdies and your leaf chippie...so perfect for this happy and fun page! That little face just is too precious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cheeky little face, and love your journaled message to him.
    A fantastic take on the case and Ems sketch....Love this Helen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sure I visited this post and commented, but don't see it... anyway, I came by again to look at this page, and it is so beautiful! I love the little birdie embellies, they're so cute. Like I wrote on CSI, the black background makes the adorable photos and the pp just pop up, great effect.
    Your GS is such a cutie :) and it looks as if he has a great chracter too. A very meaningful and beatiful wish you have for him, and I hope it will come true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pure happiness, love love love this so much x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Helen! I love your clean detailing!! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete