Monday 29 March 2021

Butterfly Card - for the Card Concept Competition 151

Hello Crafty Friends

It's been so long since I blogged anything that I'm feeling a little ashamed of myself.   I have created and uploaded pages to various sites, but just haven't managed the blogging.

The card today is for a lovely competition over at 

The Card Concept

I was inspired by the pink and purple colours and the green background.

I chose to work in the mixed media style.



I love butterflies and am thrilled that we've been able to attract some Monarchs back into our garden by planting Buddleia bushes.

 I used a Sizzix thinlits die #665201 to cut the butterfly.

 I used Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac to colour the butterfly and some gold embossing powder to highlight the wing tips.

The water colour base was first stamped in Versamark with Pink Fresh, "Lush Vines" stamp.   When totally dry, I applied Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Speckled Egg, Broken China and Shabby Shutters.

Thanks for calling in today, I hope your creating is going well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is stunning Helen. Fabulous background and the butterfly is spectacular! So lovely to see your gorgeous works again. Take care. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i love butterflies too and this one is so delicate and intricate and such pretty colors.. I also have had an influx of these beautiful winged creatures in my garden of late and it is so enjoyable to see.. my creating has stalled as last week my dad went back into hospital.. so difficult to watch ones parents get old and frail.. perhaps I will have more days at home as up this way has been put into a 3 day lock down due to the virus rearing its ugly head again.. sigh.. have a great week ahead>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--what a gorgeous creation, Helen! I totally understand not blogging--so time consuming--but makes my Monday to see this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that butterfly die cut is huge! And what a fabulous way to colour it. I love how you incorporated the green background as well!

    ReplyDelete