Tuesday 1 January 2019

Scrap the Boys DT - Jan 2019 Summer Treats

Hello Scrappy Friends, welcome back to my blog today 
where I'm sharing a DT layout for
Scrap the Boys



This mood board had me longing for ice cream in a cone, and I had the perfect photos for this challenge.



Mr Mojo had disappeared with the Christmas wrapping, so I flicked through some of my albums, found a page that I'd created a while ago, adapted it to suit my photos and things fell into place.

My punches came out for a play to border the photos.  The "Train Edge" is by Martha Stewart and the "Upper Crust" is by Fiskars. 



The background paper is from Simple Stories, 
the Summer Days collection, "Soak up the Sun".

The little heart embellishment is from Pink Paislee.



I've tucked two flairs in at the top, "Note this" is from A piece of Cake designs and the Camera flair is from Basic Grey.

The little ice cream cone and the flamingo on the other close up, are both from Cocoa Vanilla, Endless Summer collection, "This and That".



I found this cute, free, cut file at Paper Issues.


I hope you will feel inspired to play along and be eligible for a prize.


I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy reading them.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Helen! The pictures are so darn cute & I absolutely love the border punches! You're so talented using elements like the flairs & ice cream cone! Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Yes i know i am a bit late, but hey the year is still new!!! Love the bright papers and those photos are perfect for the challenge.. the ice creams look yum!! A great fun page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you're LONGING for that icecream or 2 or 1000 about now! You seem to have had a few hot days [understatement!]...anyways, the more I look at this one, the more I love it. That train edging.....LOOOOOVE & the cut file....cool....& the flair. Oh, I have forgotten about flair. MUST get mine out to play. THanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Helen, oh what a lovely ray of sunshine is this page! FAb idea to scraplift your own page and I love the summery colour combo which suits these photos just perfectly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in your layout Helen, the cut file is perfect and the photo's too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these vibrant icecream colours. So cool... how alike and how different the boys are now too. All growing up way to fast. The weather here has been so hot too and my grand boy just loves icecream <3 Brilliant page <3

    ReplyDelete