Thursday 15 March 2018

Stuck?! Sketches! 15 March 2018 - Dream

Welcome to my blog where today I’m sharing a DT layout for 
I enjoyed working with this sketch and used two 4'X4" photos, 
but it could be adapted to one 6"x4" or two 3" x3" photos.  
I started with this pretty floral paper which I've been hoarding, saving for a special occasion; it's an older collection from Webster's Pages, The beautiful Chic collection, "Interior Design".  I backed it with some green Core'dinations card stock called "Rosemary".
The spotty paper is also from Webster's Pages, The Simple Pleasures collection, "Plum Seed".  I added a couple of doilies to soften the background.
The flair is from Funky Flairs.  The title and the butterfly at the top are from WR Memory Keepers "Wildflower layered tags". The pink brads are by Vintage Brads.
The words strips are from Tim Holtz, "Small talk" stickers.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
These photos were taken on your first visit to Granny and Pa, all the way from Melbourne.  It was lovely to have you in the house and watch you interact with new people.  Understandably, you were a bit wary of us to begin with, but it didn't take long before you came willingly for cuddles and fell asleep in our arms.  You still had that sweet new Bubba smell, that I never grow tired of.  Such happy days.   Love Granny, 15th May 2017.

Our generous sponsors for this challenge are:-
 They are donating a $25.00 Gift Certificate.


They are donating a $20.00 Gift Certificate.

Thanks for calling in.  
I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

12 comments:

  1. OH my gosh Helen! This is absolutely delightful! Love the precious photo and gorgeous floral pattern. Your layering is always such an inspiration to me. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant sketch and I love how you've used it, very pretty - that's one of my fave colour combos. Inspiring as always, you make me itch to get scrapping! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Helen, this is so beautiful!! Such adorable photos and I can certainly understand what a delight it was for you to have your new Grandie stay with you, they are such a Blessing! The background papers are stunning and the doilies add a lovely framework to the photos. Brilliant take on that fabulous sketch .. so inspiring! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is sooo beautiful.. love the floral papers and doileys and great photos too.. love the quote and I the journalling is always so special too... that new baby smell... oh yes... nothing like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Helen, love that gorgeous floral background paper, those adorable photos just pop of the page xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous girlie page! Love the floral and soft papers and the super photo! ;-)
    These little one's surely add so much colour to our lives! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so girly and sweet Helen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Helen! Such sweet photos! Love all the pretty and frilly patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such darling pictures & perfect for this sketch! I love that floral paper backed with green & I always love doilies! PS--I finally used my mom's pinking shears thanks to reading your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Helen, such pretty pattern paper and the green edge is perfect, lovely combination. Love the delicate doily and gorgeous happy photos
    Wishing you a beautiful Easter
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah another beautiful memory and a lovely layout. What a gorgeous mommy too. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and special times when the family visit. This is beautiful, the perfect papers and touches, doily, flair and journaling. xx

    ReplyDelete