Monday 1 January 2018

Kraft + January 2018 - Caffeine Hit

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome to January where today I'm sharing a post for 
Kraft+ which is all about coffee. 
The challenge is just be to be inspired by coffee, anyway, anyhow.
Take a look at what the Design Team have created for your inspiration.
When I first saw this challenge, the words of an old, old song popped into my head.  Some of you bright young scrappers may not have heard of it!
It's called, "You're the cream in my coffee"; it was published in 1928, featured in a film called, "Hold everything" in 1930 and made famous by the velvety voice of the incomparable Nat King Cole.

I made an anniversary card for my Bestie, because the words seem to appropriate
for the way we love and support each other.

I used some canvas Claudine Hellmuth Sticky back canvas to stamp the coffee stains with Kaisercraft stamps.
The cup and the tiny heart tag were cut with a die from Uniquely Creative.

The music paper is so old, that I've no idea about the manufacturer.
The love you stamp is from a set by Hero Arts.
If you are interested in the words from the rest of the song,
I've added them below, together with a link to NAT KING COLE & TRIO 
with their version of the song.


YOU"RE THE CREAM IN MY COFFEE
You're the cream in my coffee
You're the salt in my stew
You'll always be my necessity
I'd be lost without you

You're the starch in my collar
You're the lace in my shoe
You'll always be my necessity
I'd be lost without you

Most men tell love tales
And each phrase dovetails
You've heard each known way
This way is my own way

You're the sail of my love boat
You're the captain and crew
You'll always be my necessity
I'd be lost without you

You're the sail of my love boat
You're the captain and crew
You'll always be my necessity
Like a restaurant with a recipe
You're the lace in my shoe
I'd be lost without you.

Music by Ray Henderson
Lyrics by Buddy G. DeSylva and Lew Brown


Please come and join in the fun at Kraft+, we'd love to see your take on the challenge.

I enjoy reading your comments and so appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love those words in that song!! and your card looks wonderful.. that is a snazzy coffee cup and I love the tag too... and I am still catching up with blogs that I missed over the new year weekend.. and I thought the white with one challenge may not take as much time as I only needed to look for one color cardstcok and paint!! and that layout came together rather quickly compared to others!! hehe! sometimes ya just gotta escape and hide in ya scraproom and create!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love this Helen. The beautiful coffee cup, the coffee splats, the music paper and song,(verse), the love you and the little tag with the heart....its just Perfect. Happy Anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous and special card! Love those earthy colours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow--what a wonderful old song & the perfect card to go with it! I've never used sticky back canvas--looks terrific with the coffee stains stamped on it & I love the music paper & the cup & tag! Wonderful elements perfectly combined! I know your hubby will love this card, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, your bestie is going to love it. Love the coffee splats

    ReplyDelete