Monday 11 December 2017

A Boy's page and a Christmas Card

It's Helen with you today.  How are your Christmas preparations going?
I'm still making cards and have a lever fold one to share with you.

After two years, it's time to step down from the Scrapmatts Design Team 
and this is my last post.  Sincere thanks to Sofie and Andrew for having me; 
I will be forever grateful for the opportunity and for your generosity.

First I'm sharing a Boy's layout.  The photo was taken in an industrial area, 
so that I could use the Grafitti as a background.
The Turquoise paper is from Crate Paper, Cool Kid.
The Navy polka dot, is an older scrap from October Afternoon. 
and the red is also an older scrap, from Amy Tangerine.
I like the way the black chipboard ties all the different elements together. 
The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:- 
This photo was taken one day during the winter school holidays and we had planned a big day out.  We went to Port Adelaide to look at the "Adelaide", an old ship which is being restored.  It was used in the 1800 to bring settlers from Europe to Australia.  We came across this graffiti; which I thought was a great background for three skallywags. It was a freezing cold, rainy day, so we cut our expedition short and headed home for lunch and inside play.  20th July 2017

Scrapmatts Products used:-

CB1232 Film strips 05
 CB1072 Gears 01

Next up is a card to inspire you.   I challenged myself to make a lever card and it was easier than I imaged.  I'm really happy with the result.
I lined the inside with a mixture of Kaisercraft Christmas papers.  
One of the folds was left blank, to write a Christmas message. 
Scrapmatts products used:-
Did you know you can order direct from Scrapmatts?

CLICK HERE to see the amazing range.

5 comments:

  1. They will certainly miss you, Helen! Terrific photo & such an interesting page with your choice of elements--love the ink splatters & arrows! Your card is a treasure--beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo background that really pops against the white page! Totally amazing! You have such a great eye! I just love the fun interactive card too, delightful! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole heartedly with Greta, Scrapmatts are definitely going to miss you Helen! This page is stunning! The mix of blues, reds and black are a perfect match to that fabulous photo and the touches of gold on the cogs looks wonderful! Your card is stunning!! This is a fold I've never tried to do but, with your inspiration, I might just give it a go some time. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of the boys and scrapped perfectly. Love it!
    the card is gorgeous Helen.
    thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...love the cool and funky boy page! So fresh and fun! ;-)
    Loving the Christmas card too....so beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete