Thursday 16 November 2017

Stuck?! Sketches DT, 15th November 2017 - Live every moment.

Welome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for
Stuck?! Sketches!   
If you click on the link it will take you to the projects that the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you.  You have until the 29th November to enter and be eligible to win one of the lovely prizes listed below.
To celebrate my Grand daughter's love of purple,
I used a deep purple background and combined it some older Maja papers.

The border was created with a Martha Stewart punch, "Doily lace trim, deep edger".
The layered butterflies are from DIY invitations.  
The stencilling was created with Prima and Tim Holtz stencils.
The title is by Scrapmatts.  CB6113 Scrapwords 32
The text stickers are from Tim Holtz, "Small talk."
The large pink bloom is by Prima, the smaller white one is by Petaloo,
I added the pink centre with some glimmer mist and a small brush.
The butterfly flair is from Lemoncraft.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
 One night, when preparing vegetables with your family for dinner, you said, "These veggies are all wavy along the edges."   When you were checked at the optometrist, you were diagnosed with quite marked visual problems.  After two weeks, when your glasses arrived, (Purple, of course), you happily put them on and now wear them all day.  Your reading has improved exponentially.   I'm so impressed with the way you've accepted the change in your life so graciously and that you wear you glasses with pride. 
Love Granny, 4th October 2017

I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the lovely prizes.

Our sponsors this time are:-

They are donating a $25.00 gift certificate.

They are donating a $20.00 gift certificate

Thanks for calling in.   I love it when you leave a comment; I so enjoy reading them.

If this is your first visit to my blog - I hope you found something to inspire you.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh what an incredibly sweet photo of your granddaughter, Helen! I love her purple glasses! In fact, I just bought purple wear over sunglasses that look a lot like hers! I was in the 4th grade when it was discovered I needed glasses & I remember the shock at seeing individual leaves on the trees--not just a mass of green! I really love the page you created--so many little details (adding pink with mist) & once again perfect stenciling! I never use my border punches, but love the look with this one across the bottom. Sending hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty Helen, very striking with blue background and beautiful photo of you granddaughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet photo of your granddaughter Helen! Your layout is beautiful! Love the pretty blossom and beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Helen, a elegant layout, just like your gorgeous Granddaughter. I love that you have used her favourite colour to create the layout and I love her purple glasses
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is beautiful.. the photo is so lovely.., so pretty.. love the back ground color, love the doiley and leaves.. a great take on the sketch.. have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! She is such a cutie!!! I love the pop effect the photo and light colored accents make against this beautifully colored background. Stunning as always! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning Helen, and the background colour really enhances your sweet pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual I love reading your stories Helen. The glasses look gorgeous on her. What a fab page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you picked up the colour from your grandies glasses. Such a sweet and beautiful page for a sweet, sweet girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I look at this layout I can see and feel the love that has been put into creating it. After reading you journaling and saying how proud of her you are, it really is portrayed in the layout. Love the minimalistic look and the simplicity of colours, the perfectly placed embellishments and the gorgeous girl. Love, love, love everything. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete