Saturday 26 October 2013

CSI 95 Friends

Blue is my absolute favourite colour, so I thought this week’s challenge would be a doddle.  Not so....trying to find the right blue proved to be difficult.  Eventually I found some tiny scraps of the teal from eons ago and an ancient Wild Asparagus grey card stock.  Woo Hoo...good to go, but whoops, no brown......further fossicking revealed a venerable journalling card by Bo Bunny and some blue flowers on a dessicated Daisy D. paper, which I fussy cut.  Problem sorted.

This is what the challenge looks like
I came across an old corner punch while I was rummaging around.  It seemed to fit the era, so it had a day out too.   I did use a few newer things, like the stencil, the wooden camera and the stamp.

EVIDENCE
Distressing
Wood
Flowers
Fabric
Tie something
Metal
Textured paper (grey and brown under the photo)
Tearing (the brown mat)

TESTIMONY 
Write about a sad memory.  The memory is DH’s from when he was about five years old.   I persuaded him to do the journalling, so the words are his. The journalling is on the back of the page

JOURNALLING
I’m not sure how much of this incident is my actual memory and how much relies on what has been told to me by my family.

I had received a beautiful new blow up beachball for Christmas when I was about 5 years old. My friend, Gangy Wilton who lived over the road from us had been given an Air Rifle. 

His Father was Headmaster at the local Primary School and my Father one of the teachers.

I remember, Gangy leaning over our side fence with his Air Rifle and shooting my beachball!! 

My Mum and Dad weren’t very affluent then and were not able to replace the ball, so sadly my joy with my new toy was very shortlived.

I can’t recall my reaction to this catastrophe but I have a faint recollection that the rifle was removed from Gangy’s hands for a looooong time!  

MATERIALS
Bazzil Cardstock - Pale blue and grey
My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagus, "Adorable" (grey)
Daisy D - Modern Romance (fussy cut flowers)
Making Memories - Speckle collection, "Ocean" (dark blue)
E.K. Success - Grey textured card behind the photo
Bo Bunny - Journalling card, "Noteworthy" 
Carl Punch - Corners
Kaisercraft clear stamp - Arty
Kaisercraft - Brad "Old world"
Spellbinder die - Grommet
Die Namics Die - Decorative duo doily
Donna Downey mask - Hollyhocks
Prima mask - Elementals, Half tone
Studio Calico - wooden camera
Imaginarium - Alphas
Colorbox ink - Dark Brown
Perfect pearls mist - Interference blue
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Blue skies
Derivan - Impasto


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. absolutely brilliant . love the softness and the elegant texture you have created on your background, exquisite work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything came together beautifully Helen and what a great idea to have your hubby write the journaling though a bit of a sad memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!!! And sooo good your DH actually got his thoughts on a page...well, the back!!! That bg stencil looks lovely.....it all looks effortless - working with fave colours makes is easier, I reckon:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Helen what a great background and story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Helen, this is such a lovely layout. I love that stencil, the stamp is to die for and that sweet photo is just lovely. I can so relate to that story and wondered if this photo was taken before or after the 'incident' :D So nice that your hubby did the journalling, a great way to get his stories down too. A really lovely layout with loads of texture and soft colouring. Beautiful as always. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Helen and love the styling on your page!! LOL...isn't it amazing how sometimes we think a page will be "chop chop" and ends up taking a whole lot longer than we think! But the end result is gorgeous and I love the clean lines, along with your stamping and sewing! I love that stamp, I really need to find me one of those!!!! ;-) My sewing machine is also in for repairs...so everytime I see some sewing, it reminds me that I can't wait to get my machine back!! I have never been much of a sewer, but now that it's gone I really want it back!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page Helen! I also just bought that stamp & just LOVE it!! I wish I could be as careful as you - love the restraint & the white space - and yes colour challenges can be painstaking when it comes to matching, which is why I gave them up really. I do love them so much but haven't the time to find all the right things every time. You did wonderfully despite your struggles xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that is so gorgeus page there! Love the "drops" on the background. This is so much inspiration to me, thank you so much!!! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO pretty!! I love the subtlety of the texture, and the cool colors...really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Gorgeous layout Helen...Love the background stencil work and the soft touches of colour. Fabulous design......love the white space. So many beautiful and inspirational elements....Love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. No sign of any struggle whatsoever Helen! LOVE this page so much and the story, fab to read the memories of your hubbs too! Beautifully exquisite, just perfectly created! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete