Saturday 28 September 2013

91 CSI Challenge - In this House Memories are created

As soon as I saw the testimony for this week, I knew what I wanted to write about.  Then it was just a matter of photographing my favourite things and it all came together with the help of this fabulous sketch from Scrap Friends. 
 They have great sketches, with lots of originality and flair. Here is the link.

A few closies
 I discovered stamps don't work so well on water colour paper
The tiny teapot came from my Mother's stash
Yummy clock from a new Bo-Bunny range
The textured flowers looked a bit ragged, 
so I outlined them with a Tombow pen

MATERIALS
Adorn it - Patterned paper “Rough and rtough - Buddy” (blue)
Bo Bunny - The Avenues “Clocks”
Echo Park - Sisters “Chevron” reverse (yellow polka dots)
Tim Holtz Distress inks - Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage
Martha Stewart Punch - Marguerite Daisy
Prima Stencil - Sunrise Sunset “Flower”
Prima - flowers
Prima - Say it in crystals #563639
Paper flourish - metal key
Simple Stories - Vintage bliss (Butterfly and brad)
Technique Tuesday Stamp - In this house
Cottage Cutz Die - Leafy foliage
Derivan Matisse - Impasto
Atelier - Gesso
Colorbox ink - Olive Pastel
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Cranberry zing
Tattered Angels Chalkboard - Clover
Tea pot embellishment - Mother’s stash
Ribbon - Mother’s stash

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This sketch is perfect for your journaling style, isn't it? Glad you're enjoying the SF sketches...my fave bit HAS to be the little teapot...how cute is it???!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so amazing Helen . always such magic in your words. I can tell you weave so much love into everything you create and write .. Truly beautiful xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother was not only a very loving person, she taught you well of life's treasures. Every single day even before I open up my eyes, I thank that I have been given another day to live and for the senses that allow me to enjoy the most important things in the web that is called life to the fullest. Your description of exactly the same, is as sublime as the Bach double concerto that you love so much. This is a PERFECT layout Helen, absolutely perfect in every way! just adore that itty tea pot and your crisp design. You certainly got a fan in me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have taught me to appreciate to power of journalling, and for that I will be forever grateful. I think is my favourite part of all layouts. I think it is easy to create beautiful layouts but it is not easy to open yourself up for other to see, and sometimes though that to judge. Although I have never met you I have learned sooooo much about you through your layouts and that is pretty dam powerful. Not only do you have a way with words but you also have a way of creating really visually appealing layouts. Crisp clean lines where everything works together in harmony just like a concerto. I agree with Lizzy I think the SF sketches are perfect for your style. Thank you Helen for sharing a little more of yourself with us. A truly magnificent layout. You got a fan in me too xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Helen! Love the sweet little details and your super journalling! The words are so beautiful and heartfelt and honest! I love that you can share your thoughts and feelings with us through your pages....your family are truly so lucky! ;-)

    ReplyDelete