Saturday 9 March 2013

62 - CSI Challenge 2 Today



Great colours this week for a little boy’s page.  Thanks Debbi. Love the sketch too, thanks Em
I hope you will come on over and have a play, you have until Sunday 17th to upload.
 Here is my take on this pallete.....it came together really quickly...unusual for me


Here's how I cracked the case.
.
EVIDENCE
Fabric - does the ribbon count?
Wood - the leaves
Tone on tone
Circles   

TESTIMONY
I went to the journalling prompts and chose to write about qualities a best friend would admire.   These twin boys really are each other’s best friend and I see them emulating the gifts and strengths of each other. 

THE JOURNALLING READS
It’s interesting to observe the different approach you two have to life and learning.  One always adopts a vigilant, back foot stance; guards & blocks, saying “No” to most options, even if it’s a something he likes.  The other always dances down the pitch, hits the ball on the up and lets fly with resounding “Yes” to most things. You each display a viable, alternative view of the world from which your brother can learn. Why is it so?  Born on the same day & nurtured alike, it rekindles in me, the whole debate of nature versus nurture. It’s wonderful that you are so uniquely individual.   Jan  25, 2013

MATERIALS
Kaisercraft Marigold Sticker Sheet
Kaisercraft Devonshire collection, Victorian Rose
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes - Leaf
My Mind’s Eye, Notable, “Love this” Adore patterned paper
My Mind’s Eye - Memorable “”I’m with...” Gathering patterned paper
My Mind’s Eye, Decorative Brads, Notable, Wonder
Authentique - Renew collection “Foundation Two” patterned paper
Prima ink - Garden Grass  
Tim Holts Alphas, Typeset
Scrapbooking Memories - Alphas
Ribbon - courtesy of Scrapbook Fantasies - thank you


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. wow love the cute collection of photos, great take on sketch, your blog looks fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and love how you have journalled how different they are .Love the brads
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just LOVE it when they come together easily? THis is just gorgeous - great pics & I really, really like what you've done with the sketch:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooooooooooooo bootiful Helen ... I adore your clean crisp finish you create , super duper awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, this is such a beautiful layout. Those colours just pop off the page! and what gorgeous little faces :) also I just wanted to thank you for all the love you leave on my blog, it is so much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work never fails to impress me, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Beautiful Helen..... love those Cute photos, fabulous journaling, love the leaves and circle elements. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. Helen, this LO is a stunner... the photos are adorable also... LOVE your new look blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've done. Simple...sweet serene...and oh so lovely!


    Ciao Bella
    Your newest follower
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete