Thursday 18 October 2012

41 - CSI Challenge

These soft colours were much more of a challenge for me than the brights last week, but I’m so happy with the results. It’s good to be dragged out of the comfort zone.


Some close ups




EVIDENCE
Gold element, the heart charm and gold writing
Flag, the banner
Ruffles, the gathered ribbon
Texture white on white, the texture paste stars and the journalling strips
Ombre, the shaded glimmer mist

TESTIMONY
I reflected on my dreams for my DGD

JOURNALLING
My dreams for you are,
Not that you will always succeed,
but that you will be brave enough to try again.
Not that you will never be hurt,
but that you will develop resilience
Not that you will have a brilliant career,
but that you will find a purpose in life.
Not that will be the most popular girl,
but that you will find genuine friends who
respect your unique and authentic self.

PRODUCTS USED


Buttons                 My Mind’s Eye - Follow your heart, “Be Happy”

Die Cut                      Cheery Lyn - Doily Stacker

Embellishment         My Mind’s Eye - Follow your heart, “Be Happy” Flags
                                 Gold Charm - unknown from Mother’s stash

Mask                        Crafters Workshop - Mini Punchinella

Mist                          Tattered Angel’s Glimmermist - Sweet clover & Patina


Patterned Paper        My Mind’s Eye - Follow your heart, “Be happy”
                                  My Mind’s Eye - Follow your heart, “Be you”
Punch                        Martha Stewart - Vintage Doily

Ribbon                      Spotlight, Seam binding

Spellbinder Standard Circles

Texture Paste           Dervalan Matisse - Impasto medium

Twine                        My Mind’s Eye - Sweet Caroline collection


TFL and for any comments you might care to leave.   :)









2 comments:

  1. Love your advice to your dgd, Helen. The subtle colors are perfect for the B&W picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, and so, so lovely Helen. Your journaling, as always, is splendid!

    ReplyDelete